THC oil cartridges are mini tanks that are filled with oils extracted from cannabis plants. Most are 510 thread cartridges that have a small coil at the bottom to connect with a 510 thread battery. Once connected, and by powering up the vape pen battery, heat is applied to the THC oil cartridge for vaporizing and inhaling.
Typically, THC oil vape cartridge refills come in 1 g or 0.5 g amounts and deliver anywhere from 200-400 hits. Due to their highly convenient nature, an increasing number of consumers are buying THC oil cartridges to use on the go. Plus, they’re odor is less than flower and dissipates more quickly.
If you’d like to reap the same benefits, what are some of the factors you should consider to choose the right THC oil cartridge for yourself? We’ll cover the most important tips for buying THC vape carts, next.
Methods for Choosing the Right THC Vape Cartridge
Don’t be confused when trying to decide which is the best THC oil cartridge for you. Review the tips below to learn the top traits and characteristics to look for.
- Choose a quality brand : Unfortunately, there are many fake vape cart manufacturers lurking in the market today. So, be sure to double-check the brand you’re purchasing and ensure they’re legit and well-known for high quality. You can ask your budtender directly if buying in person or do a quick internet check to peruse real-time consumer reviews.
- Check potency and purity : Most THC oil cartridges should contain anywhere from 70-90%. Anything above or below that range is likely cut with some type of filler, or overprocessed unsafely to reach such high levels of THC. Because cannabis oil can be safely vaporized, and inhaled, your THC oil cartridge should have no additives to be pure and clean for safe use.
- Verify testing – Of course, don’t just take the label’s word for it when it comes to what the THC oil cartridge contains. Any quality, legitimate brand should provide transparent testing results. These types of tests will verify potency, and usually, confirm the presence of other cannabinoids and terpenes. In addition, verify that there are no levels of unsafe molds, metals or toxins.
Guide to Use Your THC Oil Cartridge
Need a helping hand to start using your THC oil vape cartridge refill? Follow our step-by-step guide below to begin vaporizing with your new vape cart. You’ll find that it is far more simple than some other consumption methods.
- Remove your THC oil cartridge from its packaging.
- Retrieve your vape pen battery and ensure that it’s charged. Some devices will require you to power the battery on, by clicking the button 3-5 times consecutively. Others are draw-activated and will heat once you begin to inhale.
- If your vape pen battery has voltage options, set it to the heat that you prefer or the lowest possible setting to start.
- Press the button, or inhale to begin vaporizing depending on the type of battery you choose.
- Wait a few minutes to gauge just how the high potency affects you personally, before continuing with additional puffs.
- Enjoy, and feel free to experiment with varying temperatures by adjusting the voltage as you go
You may experience a vape pen cartridge with no airflow issue. In that case, try sucking harder or heating the pen for longer before inhaling. This normally loosens up any stuck oil, to allow you to keep vaping smoothly.